NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 8/15/2024 8:00 am.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks and Eastern Washington Eagles

By GrandadB - League Admin
6/18/2023 12:09 pm
Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks sends:
2024 Round 1 Selection 6
2024 Round 2 Selection 5
2024 Round 4 Selection 6

Eastern Washington Eagles sends:
2024 Round 1 Selection 3 (Eastern Washington)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks and Eastern Washington Eagles

6/19/2023 6:53 am
This is a big ???? for me. Giving up a 2.6 to move up 3 spots in the first round? from 6th to 3rd? What happens if the player that is targeted gets picked at 1st or 2nd? This is a real good deal for EW.

By Pernbronze
6/19/2023 8:27 am
I think it comes down to there are 4 maybe 5 great locks in the draft and then a steep drop in value. At 1-6 it's a gamble that someone drafts unexpectedly and one of those guys falls. At 1-3 there's 3 options that'd go 1-1 In most drafts. He can't go wrong. But I have so many areas that need improvement getting extra good picks was needed rather than 1 player. It's a preference trade with me taking on all the risk.

6/19/2023 8:50 am
Pernbronze wrote:
I think it comes down to there are 4 maybe 5 great locks in the draft and then a steep drop in value. At 1-6 it's a gamble that someone drafts unexpectedly and one of those guys falls. At 1-3 there's 3 options that'd go 1-1 In most drafts. He can't go wrong. But I have so many areas that need improvement getting extra good picks was needed rather than 1 player. It's a preference trade with me taking on all the risk.

I def like your end of the deal Pern, lol. Will be real interesting to see how 1.3 turns out vs 1.6, and whether or not it was worth giving up a 2.6 to move up 3 spots.

By setherick
6/19/2023 9:36 pm
I accepted this at work thinking I was trading down but this works because I can get my top pick most likely

By setherick
6/20/2023 9:35 am
Got him

6/20/2023 11:55 am
Will be interesting to see how he stacks up vs the All Americans from last season and whether or not its the best value to go with a RB that high in the draft.

The #2 in yards with as good an apc as most of the top 20 (4.3), Newsome/Grizzlies, has an Ai rating of 68. Best apc in the top 10 yards was by Vasquez/western Illinois, 4.8, whats his Ai rating? ........ 69. One of the reasons i dont use high first round picks on RBs, OL, DL, QB. but... thats me and my opinion.

By setherick
6/20/2023 6:22 pm
GrandadB wrote:
Will be interesting to see how he stacks up vs the All Americans from last season and whether or not its the best value to go with a RB that high in the draft.

The #2 in yards with as good an apc as most of the top 20 (4.3), Newsome/Grizzlies, has an Ai rating of 68. Best apc in the top 10 yards was by Vasquez/western Illinois, 4.8, whats his Ai rating? ........ 69. One of the reasons i dont use high first round picks on RBs, OL, DL, QB. but... thats me and my opinion.

Except I'll play him at both RB and WR at 217 and get 2000-3000 yards from him. ;)

6/21/2023 4:09 am
setherick wrote:
GrandadB wrote:

Except I'll play him at both RB and WR at 217 and get 2000-3000 yards from him. ;)

Well, will be interesting to see if you get 2000 yds or more from him, using him at both RB & WR. He was def the best offensive player in the draft based on almost perfect atts, other than a surprisingly low Ai rating. Defense was dominant last season, we will see if that continues to be the case. There was only one, full-time WR who had a 1000 yd season. The best passing team was Harvard, who had 3 receivers in the top 8 which included #1 and #2, they had a total of 2500 yds. All were one position players, Fatigue could also be a limiting factor.
Last edited at 6/21/2023 4:10 am

By Pernbronze
6/28/2023 1:24 am
Turns out he won the trade easy. 2-5 and 4-6 totally cut busted. At least my first rounder boomed so I still got a quality player.