NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 8/15/2024 8:00 am.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

End of Season

By GrandadB - League Admin
6/06/2023 9:03 pm
Am planning on having an extra 1 or 2 day break between the LC game and the end of season sim. Im hoping to get feedback and preferences for what we should do for next season, which will involve everyone being on the "same page".

1. On offense, we need to get more use of the 4 & 5 WR plays, that means slider settings increased for personnel.

2. On defense, you should be at the 22 plays used mark. If not, there's a problem that needs to be fixed, and that is most likely in your secondary and/or linebacker settings in the Defense column, 2nd from left.

3. In addition to the above, we need to get the "Bottom 5" secondary coverages used at least once or twice a game, that will involve making sure you have at least one of those coverages selected out of your 30 active defensive plays and our settings for secondary specific, and that will take some trial and error to get it, which is why we will have 4 pre-season games this next season.

Let me know your opinions, thoughts, concerns, suggestions, that is what it will take to help with the final steps needed to get the play variety where the collective wants to be.

Re: End of Season

By setherick
6/07/2023 5:50 pm
Plays selected is based on game plan not formation. It would be better to propose or enforce a no more than 60/40 split in game plan with play type up to the owner. So I could go 55 outside, 5 inside, 40 short pass, but still keep the ratio.

This ratio for first and second down medium distance only. Since 80% of the game is played at that distance.
Last edited at 6/07/2023 6:10 pm

By GrandadB - League Admin
6/09/2023 9:14 am
setherick wrote:
Plays selected is based on game plan not formation. It would be better to propose or enforce a no more than 60/40 split in game plan with play type up to the owner. So I could go 55 outside, 5 inside, 40 short pass, but still keep the ratio.

This ratio for first and second down medium distance only. Since 80% of the game is played at that distance.

When you zero out the 2rb3te personnel, the GL is not selected by the Ai. It is only used if you have it in a rule otherwise. So, play selection is also based on personnel, its just a matter of the extent of the personnel settings to get more use from the lesser used personnel (5 & 4 wr).

Play selection, from my experience, controls the run/pass ratio. When I want to pass more, I increase the short & med passes (also now long pass, but at a minimum). In your 55 outside, your going to get more outside runs. So far, my Offense Personnel is set between 10-13 for all other than GL(23). Total plays used in the last 2 games using those settings were 33 out of 40, very close to the 35 out of 40 goal. Ioanblood has posted his full season play use in the League Inaugural Season thread. His play use numbers have been as good as anyone else's so far, both offense & defense. He stated that he has his personnel, secondary, and linebacker setting set to even.

Offensively, the 113, 23wr, and 212 will get used or called by the Ai the most, which is not a problem. Its a matter of balance versus results now. How well do the other offense personnel (122, 221, 4/5 wr, 311) plays perform and how often do they get used vs the 3 primary personnel is the question and how it relates to the variety we are trying to get.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
6/09/2023 2:54 pm
Grandad asked me to chime in and post how the AI does play selection to aid in the conversation. This is the logic for normal situations, obviously things change based on rules/hurry up/slow down/etc.

First the play type (run/short pass/long pass) is selected based on your weights in that. Then each play in your playbook of that type is given a weight based on your game plan; a play is then selected from your playbook based on those weights.

Defensive plays are similar, except it starts by trying to match your personnel to the offensive personnel. Each play is then given a weight based on your selections and a random play is selected based on those weights.